You'll need nine players for this simple but fun warm-up soccer drill, which gets your players to win the ball, pass, then rest.
Set up the warm up drill
- Set up an area, around 15m x15m, marked out with four cones.
- Have four players inside the area dribbling a ball.
- Put a defender in the middle of the area.
- Put four players around the outside of the area.
- The defender must try to tackle one of the dribbling players inside the area and pass out to one of the outside players.
- The defender then becomes an outside player.
- The outside player goes into the area and becomes a dribbling player.
- The tackled dribbling player now becomes the defender in the drill.