This is a great warm-up. It not only gets your players’ muscles working, it is also aimed at making them more alert before a match.
Movement, agility and vision.
How it works
- Two groups of players stand on either side of a row of four different coloured cones placed fives yards away.
- The players react to your call and run to the appropriate cones.
- The players touch the cones in the order you call out, and then sprint out of the nearest end.
- Players then join the opposite queue.
- An example would be “white and black”, as shown in the diagram. Make sure you keep advancing the warm-up with combinations of colours so your players are thinking about what they are doing.
- Mix the colours around so they do not become too familiar.
This warm-up is from The Ultimate Soccer Warm-Ups Manual. With 126 examples, The Ultimate Soccer Warm-Ups Manual is designed to put fun back into your training and make your sessions easier to coach.
For more soccer coaching tips and products visit Soccer Coaching Club.