Can the overload attackers utilise their numerical advantage to create a shooting opportunity in this small-sided soccer game?
Small-sided game set up
- Use an area 40 x 30 yards with a goal at each end.
- You need three teams of three soccer (football) players and two goalkeepers
How to play the soccer game
- Two teams play 3 v 3 in a small soccer (football) pitch.
- The other soccer team acts as neutrals that play for the team in possession with one player on each wing and one on the pitch.
- The coach can put rules on the neutral players if needed, such as limiting touches on the ball and allowing or not allowing them to score.
Whose turn next?
- The game is played for a set time period with the soccer coach keeping scores.
- The teams take turns to act as the neutral players.
Click here for a defending soccer drill using overload tactics.
Click here to order a copy of 64 Small-Sided Soccer Games.