In your soccer drill training sessions, a good tip is to coach your strikers to show them how a mobile forward line will score goals.
Key soccer (football) coaching tips for strikers
- Drift probe for weaknesses, then exploit them.
- Think like a predator.
- There is no doubt that a controlled and tight structure is best for your defence and even for the midfield. But strikers should be given your full permission to dart here and there, to continually use their skills to pull the opposition defence out of shape.
- Don’t let your strikers simply stand and wait as if they’re in a bus queue.
- Coach your players to remember that a static target is an easy target for a defender. A moving target, and a mobile striker, are a lot harder to deal with.
What to say to your players
- “They like to be able to see the opposition strikers. They often like to be against the same striker for the whole soccer (football) game. Which is exactly why you should be unpredictable.”
- “Go narrow. Then go wide. Swap wings.”
- “The possibilities are endless.”
- “Keep the defence off-balance to the very end of the game.”
Click here to order a copy of Soccer Attack! and get soccer drills and tips to give your players the skills and confidence to score goals.
Click here for a finishing circuit drill to put your strikers' skills to the test.