Goalkeepers can score from within their own area, so teaching your goalie effective long kicking skills can be a good attacking move.
- Get your players to hold the ball out in front of them in both hands, or in the palm of the hand opposite to their strongest foot.
- As they move forward, tell them to release the ball.
- Then get them to bring their kicking leg through to meet the bottom half of the ball before it bounces.
- They can let the ball bounce and take it on the half-volley if they prefer to kick the ball at a lower height.
- The fuller the follow-through, the greater the power – but there is a greater chance of a mis-kick.