This soccer drill is a warm-up exercise, but you can also try it to get your players used to running and moving with the ball. You want to see them getting the ball out of their feet and keeping their heads up.
Make sure your players slow down when they turn, so they don't lose control of the ball. You want to see them using both feet and driving off once they have made the turn into the space in front of them.
- Arrange your players into two groups.
- Two balls work simultaneously.
- The players must dribble into the middle pole and then back out in order to make a pass to the opposite team.
- Get your players to run with the ball out of their feet and slow down as they get to the middle pole in order to change direction.
- The soccer drill is repeated for a set time period.