This soccer warm-up combines pace and accuracy in dribbling and shooting.
How to set it up
Arrange your players into two teams and assemble the cones as shown.
- Teams must compete against each other and try to be the first to knock the balls off the cones.
- The players dribble at top speed into the shooting box and then try to hit the cones with a pass.
- The next player goes when the previous player has sprinted back to the group.
Warm up dos:
- Ensure that everyone is taking it seriously.
- Vary moves each session.
- Be lighthearted and join in yourself.
Warm up don’ts:
- Finish the warm-up until you are content everyone is primed.
- Be afraid to incorporate other sports (e.g. a rugby or tennis ball).