When your players find themselves on the pitch surrounded by other players, with not a lot of room to move, they need to use their soccer skills to drag back on the ball.
Key soccer coaching tip: It’s pretty easy to teach, but tell your players speed of feet is key.
- Get your players to begin the soccer drill with their foot on top of the ball.
- The foot stays in contact with the ball for the whole of the move.
- Tell your players they must practise balance and speed of feet to improve their soccer skills. Balance using the standing leg is very important.
- Your kids must hold the opposition at bay by rolling the foot on top of the ball then roll the ball back quickly.
- Tell your players that after rolling the ball back, they move off in the opposite direction. These skills need plenty of practice.