One of the most effective skills for your players to work on in soccer training is the perfect volley, that is striking a ball which is still in the air.
Volley training drill tips
- In this drill, tell your players to keep their eyes focused on the ball and get into the line of flight.
- Get them to use their arms for balance, imagine a strike zone in front of them and keep their head still.
- They should plant their non-kicking foot on the ground and leading with the knee, bring the kicking leg through.
- The leg should be slightly bent, with the toes pointing down and the ankle held firm.
- They should strike the centre or top half of the ball with the instep and keep their head over the ball to keep the volley down.