How to run soccer warm up drill
- Have a line of numbered cones with balls on top of them.
- Put the players in pairs. Each pair in turn has to bounce around in random directions.
- Call out a number. The players must react quickly to sprint and be the first to knock the ball off the numbered cone.
- The players can use their bodies and arms to hold each other off, but must not commit a foul.
- Make sure you match players on both ability and size. There is no point having the fastest player versus the slowest, or the strongest versus the weakest.
Click the link to order a copy of the Ultimate Soccer Warm Ups Manual.
Click the link for a soccer warm down drill using 2v2s.