Speed and agility soccer drills for young soccer players
Coaching your young players to develop speed, stamina and agility is vital to help them stand up to the rigours of a match or soccer training session. With the help of this fitness soccer drill you can build these skills and give your players an all-round soccer education.
You can see when youngsters are running back to get goalside of attackers, that a lot of pressure is put on their bodies and their stamina levels, but regular fitness drills will help them work through training sessions and cope better in matches.
Here's a good soccer warm-up drill for speed and agility skills.
- Place two markers 10m apart to form a line, stand facing across the line.
- Rotate lower body to put one foot over the line the other behind.
- In a small, jumping action, repeated switch stance by rotating lower body to place other foot over the line.
- Jump and rotate as fast as possible.
- Move slowly sideways towards the far marker.
Soccer coaching drill tips
- Repeat the soccer drill five times.
- Rest for 90 seconds between drill repetitions.
Click here for another soccer warm-up drill covering all-round soccer skills.
Soccer coaching tips
Improve your soccer training skills. Sign up for a FREE weekly email, full of simple proven tips, advice and drills.
"I look forward to every issue because it is concise and filled with great information. In times like this, with very busy schedules, it is invaluable. I highly recommend it."
Victor Gascon, Coach, USA