Soccer warm-up to get players' moving and more alert
This is a great warm-up. It not only gets your players' muscles working, it is also aimed at making them more alert before a match.
Movement, agility and vision.
How it works
- Two groups of players stand on either side of a row of four different coloured cones placed fives yards away.
- The players react to your call and run to the appropriate cones.
- The players touch the cones in the order you call out, and then sprint out of the nearest end.
- Players then join the opposite queue.
- An example would be "white and black", as shown in the diagram. Make sure you keep advancing the warm-up with combinations of colours so your players are thinking about what they are doing.
- Mix the colours around so they do not become too familiar.
This warm-up is from The Ultimate Soccer Warm-Ups Manual. With 126 examples, The Ultimate Soccer Warm-Ups Manual is designed to put fun back into your training and make your sessions easier to coach.
For more soccer coaching tips and products visit Soccer Coaching Club.
Soccer coaching tips
Improve your soccer training skills. Sign up for a FREE weekly email, full of simple proven tips, advice and drills.
"I look forward to every issue because it is concise and filled with great information. In times like this, with very busy schedules, it is invaluable. I highly recommend it."
Victor Gascon, Coach, USA