Soccer drill to boost player concentration
The best soccer coaching sessions are when you can get your players to use their skills, technique, fitness and most of all their concentration from the word 'go.' Keep them moving and learning with this great soccer drill.
Fast drill to get players going
This soccer drill requires skills, technique and agility. It also needs a soccer brain because your players not only have to control the ball, then stop it, they are under pressure to see where they are going.
Soccer drill set up
- Set up eight cones for this drill, as in the diagram.
- Put a ball on each row so they are odds and evens.
- Tell your players to run to the first cone, control the ball while running across to the opposite cone and stop it with their foot next to the cone, then move up a cone.
- If you get two sets going, as in the diagram, you can have players running against each other.
- The first team to get back to the finish wins.
Moving up the cone ladder
When the first player moves up to the second row of cones, player two goes from the opposite side.
So all your players are doing is running to the cones and controlling the ball as they move across the cones and move up.
DON’T BE SURPRISED IF THE BALL GOES ALL OVER THE PLACE AT FIRST BECAUSE IT’S A GAME OF CONCENTRATION, AGILITY AND SKILL!
Soccer coaching tips
Improve your soccer training skills. Sign up for a FREE weekly email, full of simple proven tips, advice and drills.
"I look forward to every issue because it is concise and filled with great information. In times like this, with very busy schedules, it is invaluable. I highly recommend it."
Victor Gascon, Coach, USA