Dribble and avoid the pass soccer warm up drill
Use this soccer warm-up drill to get your young players practising their dribbling skills.
Set up the warm-up drill
Split your players into two teams. One team acts as the dribblers and each of them has a ball inside the area. Give the other team three balls and spread them around the outside. These players are the passers.
Soccer coaching tips to run the warm-up
- The dribblers must be on the move constantly and try to avoid being hit by a pass from the outside players.
- If one of the dribbling players is hit by a pass, he is out of the game.
- The passing players must pass below knee height or the pass does not count.
Scoring can take place in two ways:
- The last player dribbling is the winner.
- The team that eliminates the dribblers the quickest wins.
Make sure the passes are not shots and are made with the inside of the foot only.
Click the link to order a copy of The Ultimate Soccer Warm-Ups manual and get 126 warm-up drills to add variety to your soccer coaching sessions.
Click the link for another soccer dribbling and passing skills warm-up drill.
Soccer coaching tips
Improve your soccer training skills. Sign up for a FREE weekly email, full of simple proven tips, advice and drills.
"I look forward to every issue because it is concise and filled with great information. In times like this, with very busy schedules, it is invaluable. I highly recommend it."
Victor Gascon, Coach, USA