Unopposed soccer drill for attack
Using unopposed football (soccer) drills for build up and combination play in attack is a good way of coaching your players to move the ball. This soccer (football) drill also encourages movement to support the ball as play moves around the pitch.
In this soccer coaching session, strikers and midfielders combine with a neat lay off and a precise threaded ball to set up a shot across the goalkeeper.
Set up soccer (football) drill
- Set up a 40 yards by 30 yards playing area with four mannequins (poles or cones will do), two cones and two goals.
- You need eight outfield players and two goalkeepers.
How to run the drill
- The forwards move away from the mannequin to receive a pass.
- The forwards set the pass back to the supporting midfielders.
- The midfielders return the pass into space for the forwards to spin and run after. The forwards now shoot across the goal.
The midfielder becomes the forward for the next turn.
Click here to order a copy of Soccer Attack! This manual contains 80 shooting and finishing drills.
Click here for soccer coaching tips to talk your team through an attacking drill session.
Soccer coaching tips
Improve your soccer training skills. Sign up for a FREE weekly email, full of simple proven tips, advice and drills.
"I look forward to every issue because it is concise and filled with great information. In times like this, with very busy schedules, it is invaluable. I highly recommend it."
Victor Gascon, Coach, USA