Shuffle and sprint soccer drill
This five-minute fitness drill can be used during your soccer training sessions for a quick break to help coaching points sink in or use it as a warm-up drill.
Side-shuffles - face forward and move feet sideways.
Set up shuffle and sprint fitness drill
Put cones down in a T-pattern across an area 10 x 10 yards.
1. Players start where the two lines meet at the top of the T, side-shuffle to the top cone on the right and back to the centre.
2. They then shuffle to the bottom cone and back to the centre.
3. Finally, they sprint down the middle of the T.
Soccer coaching drill tips
- Vary the size of the T for different age groups.
- Repeat the drill five times. Rest for 60 seconds between repetitions.
to order a copy of The Ultimate Soccer Warm-Ups Manual
for short sprint stamina drills to develop your soccer (football) players' speed.
Soccer coaching tips
Improve your soccer training skills. Sign up for a FREE weekly email, full of simple proven tips, advice and drills.
"I look forward to every issue because it is concise and filled with great information. In times like this, with very busy schedules, it is invaluable. I highly recommend it."
Victor Gascon, Coach, USA