Two goal small sided soccer game
This simple small-sided game is a good way to end your soccer coaching session. You can watch your players in attacking and defending situations and see if you've got your soccer coaching points across.
Play normal soccer (football) and look out for your players winning possession, playing through balls, using their finishing and defending skills against attacking movement.
Set up two goal small sided game
Rules of the game
- Pitch size: 30 yards by 20 yards.
- Two teams of four players.
- Two goalkeepers.
- Play for a set time period, then change ends.
- The goalkeepers can change with their teams or stay in the same goal and play for the opposite team.
- No offsides.
- If the ball leaves play, you have a few restart options:
- The soccer (football) coach passes a new ball onto the pitch.
- The players take a roll in.
- The players take a throw in.
- The players make a pass in.
- The players dribble in.
to order a copy of Small Sided Soccer Games
, written by Michael Beale, Chelsea FC academy coach.Click here
for a four goal small sided soccer game aimed at developing your players' passing skills.
Soccer coaching tips
Improve your soccer training skills. Sign up for a FREE weekly email, full of simple proven tips, advice and drills.
"I look forward to every issue because it is concise and filled with great information. In times like this, with very busy schedules, it is invaluable. I highly recommend it."
Victor Gascon, Coach, USA