Colour call soccer warm up drill
You can use this soccer drill with your younger players or as a warm-up drill for any age group. It encourages players to use their senses to follow the coach's orders. Warm-up drills are an important part of your soccer coaching sessions and match day preparation.
Run the soccer warm-up drill
- A player must stand in the centre of a circle of balls placed on top of different coloured cones.
- The player must react to you calling out a colour.
- The player must knock the ball off the coloured cone called, then react to the next call.
- Once all the balls have been knocked off, the player must sprint out of the circle and past you.
How to progress the soccer drill
- Play this soccer drill adding a competitive edge.
- Have two or three circles marked out, with one player in each. The players must now race to be the first player past the soccer coach.
Get more warm-up drills by subscribing to Soccer Coach Weekly, the best place for advice on how to be a better soccer coach.
Click here for an all-round sensory warm up soccer drill to use with your young players.
Soccer coaching tips
Improve your soccer training skills. Sign up for a FREE weekly email, full of simple proven tips, advice and drills.
"I look forward to every issue because it is concise and filled with great information. In times like this, with very busy schedules, it is invaluable. I highly recommend it."
Victor Gascon, Coach, USA