Fun small sided soccer game to round off training
You can use this simple small-sided soccer game in any of your coaching sessions, it gives young players a good fitness workout as an alternative to the traditional end-of-training match.
This small-sided soccer game is all about possession rather than attacking a goal, and works on a soccer (football) player's movement and vision to be able to find team-mates.
Small-sided game set up
- To play this possession game you need to set up a pitch 30 x 20 yards (minimum) up to 40 x 25 yards (maximum), and use two teams of four players.
- No goals.
- Use normal throw-ins or kick ins.
Run the game
- The aim of the game is to keep possession of the ball.
- A goal is awarded to the team that completes a certain number of passes (a minimum of five for younger players).
- Play over a set time period as you would a normal game - say, the last ten minutes of the training session.
Small-sided soccer games are recommended as one of the best ways to coach soccer skills. 64 Small-Sided Soccer Games has all you need to run successful coaching sessions based on this system.
Click here for another possession skills small-sided soccer game.
Soccer coaching tips
Improve your soccer training skills. Sign up for a FREE weekly email, full of simple proven tips, advice and drills.
"I look forward to every issue because it is concise and filled with great information. In times like this, with very busy schedules, it is invaluable. I highly recommend it."
Victor Gascon, Coach, USA