Skipping soccer fitness drill
Skipping is a basic but highly versatile exercise to add to your coaching drills. Getting your soccer (football) players to workout with the skipping ropes will bring a number of fitness benefits. This is an ideal drill to use when bad weather means your coaching session is an indoor one.
It can be used to develop coordination, flexibility, agility, speed and both vertical and horizontal power.
Skipping drill tips
- Stay on the balls of the feet.
- Take off from one foot and land on the same foot.
- Then repeat the drill with the other foot.
- The leg not in contact with the ground is pulled up towards the chest.
- The arms are used to drive up and forwards.
- The elbows should be locked at 90 degrees.
Click here for soccer coaching tips to help you with your fitness training sessions.
Soccer coaching tips
Improve your soccer training skills. Sign up for a FREE weekly email, full of simple proven tips, advice and drills.
"I look forward to every issue because it is concise and filled with great information. In times like this, with very busy schedules, it is invaluable. I highly recommend it."
Victor Gascon, Coach, USA